The following changes were made to the game:
As part of the "Make Section IDs Great Again" campaign, we've made some changes...
- The biggest one of all, the section ID of the game now changes when the leader of the party changes.
This behavior is how all previous versions of PSO have worked and, actually, how Ephinea worked when it was first brought up. We changed the behavior to have the game section ID stick, even on leader change, a bit after the launch of Ephinea based on feedback from one or two players insisting the section ID did not change on the official Blue Burst server when the leader changed.
However, regardless of how the section ID change worked on the official server and whether or not those couple of people were correct, we've revisited this and decided amongst the staff that we'd be changing it to how other versions of PSO worked. The reasoning behind this is to make section IDs matter again.
With the ability to both change your section ID often and also the ability to create and use section ID mule characters or simply just have someone make a game for you and leave, we believe making section IDs sticky made section ID choices not matter in the long run.
Now, in order to find an item that a specific section ID can find from an enemy, the leader of the party must be that specific section ID and participating in the hunt for that item. It only makes sense.
Which brings us to...
- /modsecid can no longer be used once a month. Now, /modsecid is only allowed once every three months. This, again, is to make your section ID choices matter and not just have everyone pick what is great for the current Hunters Boost Road.
- Shop inventory is no longer always based on the game's section ID. It is now based on the character visiting the shop's section ID.
- Tekkers have become more trustworthy. It should be easier to get the perfect "Tek" of an special weapon you've found.
- /modname no longer alters section ID if you've never used /modsecid. Thus, now /modname can be used infinitely.
- After this maintenance, every character has one free /modsecid to change their section ID based on these changes, regardless of when you last used /modsecid.